Web Site Counter

Saturday, August 08, 2009

roti prata



After trying it at one of hsewarming parties, my hubby loved it!! so do i!! taste like spore favour, heavenly!! hehahahah, ok I reali REALI MISS THE FOODS!!!!!
Immediately over the weekend, we went to the orient market to buy it, turns out alot of our ppl are doin so... wow... guess great minds think alike!! soon it is snatched up n gone in seconds..
We even buy the can of curry (recommended by his fnd; instant n less fussy, taste yucky.. even it is a sg brand.. cos is manufactured in other country). Ended up, we need to do w/o the curry n substitute it w sugar.
At here, it's hard to taste foods w authentic orient tastes specially sg favour... cos it a small town... nt veri populated compared to other states. Even the stores that sell Asian spices n foods r pathetic... nt much, can be easily counted by hands. Stores are small, n sorely lacking.. usually frozen foods, hardly any fresh ones. The orient mkt we went is considered big. At first, I went I cant help to feel disappointed cos I had to travel abt 45 mins - 1hr to town... nt much things i wanted. end up i dun know what to buy, as I slowly reconsidering my choices. I decided beggars cant be choosy... so i just take watever they sell n try( experiment) not many r nice, guess nt sg style.. kind of regret that i shld stk up of my food inventory b4 coming here.. cos i was pinning hopes that there is alot of asian stores in town area. (i learnt my lesson, in a painful way???)
miss all kinds of food in sg, plus i dun cook well( acks!!,.. i dun even cook in sg, in fact i started at here only, pitiful????) plus even i wan to learn here, hard to even find ingredients... damn...why...Y...!!!!??