Web Site Counter

Sunday, July 19, 2009

vineyard dinner

Wow, we are having dinner at a small vineyard. I must say the owner is pretty rich to own a vineyard, though i mention is small but it still covers yards n yards of land. beyond it, there is a golf course nearby. Nice, great amiable for a lovely evening dinner.
The owner, he had a cozy building that house a restaurant, cafe/pub; a place that reali spoke of relaxation. I had salmon for dinner while my hubby had a steak. (did I mention seafood is rare; in fact not much fish.. i miss fish especially in Asian style cooking) My salmon is fresh, with unique way of cooking, i got a taste of my hubby's one. quite nice, but it seem to been fattening abit. As usual the portion is big, men my hubby cant finish our share. Sort of wasted, but i cant stuff myself anymore, n i had to skip my fav part; dessert.. damn I hated that.
After our dinner, the owner is so gracious to show us his own making of wine collection which is in the basement. It is cool not to mention cold too to keep the temp low for wine. Basically, im fond of wines so i did ingule abit more alittle. (a glass of cold white wine, a couple of red wines here n there, I also try their specialty ice wine... not reali my liking... a little sweet like champagne... There is afew ppl buying that as ice wines is known to be fairly ex n rare... think not my taste.)
We buy a wine Shiraz candle at the small gift space near reception. It is so aromatic that I just cant resist once I set my eyes on it. My hubby give in n buy for me since I cant stop gushing hw nice it is.