Web Site Counter

Sunday, July 12, 2009

my home warming party

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket 2 weeks ago, I had came out a plan of food menu n the list I need to buy n prepared. after some discussions w my hubby n fnd, the finalised list is done. A week before, my hubby n I went to buy our party utensils, drinks n order our main dish;chx curry from Indian restaurant(cos i cant cope w cooking alot of dishes plus it will be veri messy). My hubby also went to take some extra chairs n table. we clean up our hse, n do some arrangements for the coming party. The meat was bought just a few days b4 the party cos i dun like frozen ones.
The main dish is ready at noon, come with indian herb rice.(nt bad!!, i taste b4 the curry like sg n the rice is unique, veri thin.) I hoped it can maintain its heat as the party started at 7pm early evening(if nt i just had to heat up in oven). I started to do my side dishes at 5pm; fried rice, garlic bread, potatoes salad. my hubby helped me to deep fried stuff like chx meat, hotdogs, spring rolls using the deep fryer which he borrow from his fnd. I dun wan to use wok to deep fry cos the kitchen will get oily. I also done bbq chicken wings using my oven. As for dessert, I made Oreo cheesecake n almond longan jelly.

Alot of guests bring wines n drinks. One of them offered to bring beers since both of us dun drink((we didnt buy any of that). one guest even bake his own pie here. It was fun, all of us just gathered n chitchat while enjoying the warm breeze evening. Luckily for me, everything went smoothly.