Web Site Counter

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Highlights of my banquet

in fact, there are 2 highlights of my banquet. heehehee ppl had been probing me with questions about them. The live band performance + my cupcakes wedding cake had captured everyone attention.

First, I talk about my cupcakes, which i had liaise with the maker long before my banquet was planned. Trish, She is gd n cute too, helping me with my decisions. I can see n feel her passion in her cupcakes, every one is beautifully crafted, is a fine specimen of artworks. My friends all told me they cant bear their heart to eat it. And that is what i want for my wedding cake; special, unique n most of all heartwarming one. Since my hubby n I like the colour blue, we decide to choose it as our cake theme. To make it more unique, we put beatles figures on top of it (my hubby loves beatles, even his car is plastered with them on it).
This is my wedding cake
This idea i get it after I look through her previous artworks, got one couple use dormonen theme. Here is her official website: http://www.cupcake-momma.net/
These are all her previous artworks http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgcupcake_momma/there are alot, take some time to go through all. ooh btw she is 'hot' famous, appears alot in media also. if u wan her cupcakes, better book her early!!

Second is from the live band performance, instead of the usual play straight from the disc. I got a friend who provide these service for wedding banquets. I had a small band (3 person group rather than a big five). My friend help to look for another members; she is a pianist + a song writer herself. 2 of her friends (a guy n ger) roped in, one of them acts as emcee, who happens to be the ger. MOst guests commented that is a refreshing experience, n high praise for the lady singer for her gd vocal performance. i can say they are smitten by her, as they keep asking for her name, age etc hhahahee