Web Site Counter

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Interesting news form Weekend TODAY

It's Saturday today. I wake up early, been along time since i wake up early during wkends eversince this job started (as it start with long working hrs, i almost burned my wkends just sleeping n lazing at my hm than going out)
Of cos I m filled with task, thats why i wake up early today. heehhaa
As Im on my way of my journey, i happened to see stacks of TODAY paper appear infont of me. i quickly grab my share (kaisu), heehhahaha more like a habit i picked on my wkdays as there is always a rush of madness in morn. If i pass the "golden minutes", that day i had pass my days with no latest news or info. It is not that i advertise with TODAY, it is just that we need to update our knowledge daily in our lives, n its free, why not (im not blessed with internet in my workplace, so newspaper has become my morn ritual).

As i read on, i was amused by bits of news from the Voices Section. That y i feel like sharing with u.
Students from private sch should benefit of concession rates.. Which i totally agree with BOTH HANDS OK. With so many JCs around in a small piece of land like SG, there's bound to be limited entry in local public univer (which i counted onli 3; NTU, NUS n SMU)
Those with A-level, there is no point of telling them to go out to work with miserable pay offers n those who want to upgrade their studies, a fierce competition is goin here. It is HARD to get in + several obligations, left with no choices; there will be private institutions. In fact, it had been a "IN" things recently for the past few yrs. Im one of them, alot of ppl who graduate from poly is not satisfy with just a diploma (guess its from Asian roots or blame it on our upbringing) Paper chase is FAD!
Private institutions come with so many choices, freedom n lesser citeria.. of cos this also come with a pricey cost : LOTS of CASH! Unlike local ones; can be pay by cpf, private uni want hard cold cash ready. Its nt that we r rich but stuck with no alt, we chosen the private ones. As for my case, local uni didnt offer much choices n i need to study full time. To balance btw studies n money, i decide with studying parttime in private ones (so that i could earn some money while i study)
I quit my work during my last yr of my course to fully concerate, my savings dip the lowest pt with rising prices of transport n food n fees of cos, im prepared. but at the same time, i cant help wondering how my fellow classmates (those are fulltime as a student) fare.
i agree with the person who point this out in the papers; everyone should given with equal chance even with the minority group like the fulltime students in private uni.