Web Site Counter

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kite Flying Days by NTUC Income (18, 19 Sep 2010 Sat & Sun 4-8pm) at the Promontory @ Marina Bay.

It is my first time to a kite festival.
Heard this event is the second anniversary, missed the first one then cos I wasn’t in sg.
Didn’t know kite flying had become a popular hobby for Singaporeans til recently (think cos of the opening of marine barrage and new towns e.g. Punggol where got large open fields). I rem the last time I ever done tat during my young teens @ marine bay.
Reached the place at around 4plus and it is already crowded with people! People are queuing up for their free NTUC Income kites (goodies bag). While enjoying the sky view scenery full of kites, some of kites fell into the river. And the water dampens the kites n slowly disappear, out of sight. My hubby and I didn’t try to fly ours cos too packed in flying area.
Next time then, I think I reali need to get my hands on the pretty cool kite.