Web Site Counter

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nando’s

Nando's is recently fave abt restaurants in sg. it originates from south africa (is i rem correctly). im nt totally unfamiliar with this name cos used to eat it in KL(famous), wonder y it took so long to shift the focus to sg.

when it open in bugis, my hubby n i went to try it out. his firsttime n my recall tasting hehahhaha. we wait for the kaisu crowd to tone down, then we went to savour it.

Rave reviews; its legendary Peri-Peri Flame-grilled Chicken and some of their popular sidelines are Mediterranean Rice and Old Style Chips. Bestseller Gourmet drinks(to me): bestseller Redbush Refresher (a combination of Rooibos Red Tea- sans caffeine, mint leaves and lemon grass) and Cape Verde Fresca (a blend of iced green tea and lime wedges).
Not to forget the ever-present bottles of Peri-Peri Sauce (Garlic Peri-Peri for the meek, Hot for the daring and Extra Hot for the audacious).

My usual is the 1/4 chicken thigh along with two side dishes; Peri-Peri fries and mediterranean rice. We also ordered the peri hummus and novo pita. Warm bread dipped in unique sauce. for me is ok still got standard, hehhhaha but not to my hubby liking.
So maybe second time, when we feel like it. NT so memorable!(added in by my hubby)