Web Site Counter

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Get connected

Interesting websites:
Yahoo auction is one of my fad pastimes which i surf. Sometime I go in n jt chk out the interesting stuffs ppl are selling. One could get some nice neat things if u knows how to find them.

Friendster.com (can get in touch with the long lost frnds in pri sch n c how the network grows, u can even c hw many friends u have in common with tat particular frnd u had.) I was hooked at first when I c my network of frnds grow.. Now abit bore. The website is getting slower n slower; I guess: must be due a huge database n the silly cookie problems (but I cant solve that since im quite a IT idiot.) Recently I always receive news tat friendster may close down, I wonder is it true.. Pictures for my profile are always a bother to me whenever I sign these online services. I dun really have any of those, neither did I keep it. My face always appear to be bloated somehow which I dun like. (I think u really must be veri slim to take pictures cos cameras magnify/ enlarge yr face, no wonder actress are always tat slim..Kekke.. Call me vain or whatever, it really does bother me each time I c myself in the photo.

Wholivesnearyou.com is another website I hit upon, created by 2 poly students. It is another interesting one n a slow one too (may be a sever problem). Try to recognize anyone out there around yr neighborhood. All sudden, u seem veri curious abt what happened around u. Im still trying to get to know mre frnds staying at my area (a nice feeling to know u got someone nearby when u r sad, not to worry abt late hours staying up late talking till wee hours when both of us lived nearby.. Even more so like sharing a cab hm when u go to chiong, not that I reali want to save tat midnite charges but my place is reali ulu… tat not much taxis like to go there. : P)

Msn Messenger (get it free as long u got an account with them) is one of the things I often logged on as everyone got hotmail email account. I decided to use this than icq.. Icq I often use the online web verison when Im in office. (meant I need not to install in the pc) Come to notice it; we seem to have a lot of ways/ means to get contact with ppl we know n even using this online service to get to know more frnds. But tat doesn’t mean tat we r getting closer to each other, or be involved in each others’ life. With these means, we tend to “abuse” it, becoming our excuse to be self-focus or veri “busy” somewhere than meeting yr friends / attend gatherings. Our relationship with ppl is getting worse as we become isolated. One even came up with idea of matchmaker online. But do u believe that? So wat had become fate?? I still prefer to friend introduction (old fashioned) ehhahha….mm... I dun reali trust what I seen online. Anyone can be a liar. Things can be distorted from the truth.