Web Site Counter

Friday, November 05, 2010

I Love Taimei: Taiwanese Street, Bugis, Singapore

I love Taimei, a small Taiwanese cafe located at Bugis Village that sells Taiwanese street food. Even though I always pass by the area, but didn’t notice the place until recently. I heard that it opened for a year or longer.


A regular bubble tea is $2, while most of the Taiwanese street food like the fried chicken, burger, mee sua are around $3-4; a strong hint of vinegar within the sticky and soupy mee sua, which had bits and pieces of tiny little oysters. A set meal consisting of a main, side and drink will cost around $6-7. I had drank Taimei’s bubble tea for afew times, and I definitely don’t think that it will lose out to KOI. (not expert on it; just thought).
BBQ Crispy Chicken ($3.90). It was crispy and drizzled with the spicy-sweet BBQ sauce. It ok but small for 4bucks. Cheese fries ($2), which was pretty decent. Coated with a layer of cheesy texture, it’s the ideal snack to munch the afternoon away.


**post taken from ironladychef blog***